John> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 04:49:48PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
John> wrote:
>> I tried to debug this further and did not come to any useful
>> result. I have a question though: is it reasonable to make
>> QWorkArea a QWidget as well as a Workarea? Why doesn't it have a
>> widget_ member that would point to the Qt widget?

John> Why ? QWorkArea is a relatively small wrapper class for the
John> content pane widget we already have. Do you have a good reason
John> you want to bloat the source ?

So, does QWorkArea need to be itself a widget?

I know this looks like a stab in the dark, but this is exactly what I
am doing :) I really cannot understand why "new QScrollBar" could
return an invalid pointer. Are there cases when this is supposed to
happen in C++ or Qt? Do Qt constructors use exceptions?