On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 03:50:22PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> John> On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 09:22:55AM -0400, Dr. Richard E. Hawkins
> John> wrote:
> >> If theres' a way to allow cookies *only* from specified sites,
> >> rather than individually banning the rest of the world, I have yet
> >> to find it in mozilla . . .

> John> No.

> Of course there is. In prefs>privacy>cookies, choose
>   ( ) Enable all cookies
> and
>   ( ) ask me before storing a cookie

> Then when you are asked for a given cookie, you can give an answer
> which is _always_ valid for the given site.

> I guess you can obtain the same effect by editing some preference
> file.

Yes, but this still doesn't get to the "no, unless permitted"
behavior--I *hate* being popped at; it's one of my reasons for text
browsers.

It's trivial to configure junkbuster to only allow pre-approved cookies,
but I'm still having trobule with the occasional site I need that blows
up when using a proxy.

hawk