On Tuesday 24 September 2002 3:52 pm, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> John Levon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >>
> >> Any idea how long this would be? John?
> |
> | Qt is taking a back burner for me for at least two months. I
> | might be able to spare the odd hour here and there
> |
> | I don't think we'll make xmas
>
> Then we must decide if qt must wait for 1.4.0cvs. Xmas is too
> long to wait for 1.3.0.
>
> I do not know how we can solve this dilemma, we just have to
> few people that know qt _and_ lyx well.

Looks like we're all busy for the foreseeable future. That
suggests that "proper" bug fixing of what we have at the moment
will also be a long, drawn out business.

What is there still to create from scratch in the Qt frontend? A
few dialogs (Preferences, Document, Tabular) which are big and
painful but which will probably require only a very limited
knowledge of qt (can be obtained by looking at the other
dialogs).

That leaves debugging and optimising the main LyXView for the
experts.

Angus