On Tuesday 29 October 2002 3:47 pm, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Angus, Andre,
>
> Here is a tentative patch to fix configuration with autoconf
> 2.5x. Since I cannot reproduce the problem here, I am just
> trying to guess...
>
> Feedback appreciated.
>
> JMarc

JMarc, apart from a bunch of warnings (below) when
running autogen.sh, this seems to work perfectly.

Currently in the middle of the build process, mathed having
built successfully, which is a lot further than I got before.

Incidentally, the configure script that you sent did /not/ work.
(Same problems in /usr/include/sys/types.h).

Regards,
Angus

aleem@thorax:1_2_X$ ./autogen.sh
Locating GNU m4... found: m4
Generate acinclude.m4... done.
Building macros...
        .
        lib/reLyX
        sigc++
done.
Building config header template...
        .
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:5: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
configure.in:60: warning: AC_COMPILE_IFELSE was called before AC_AIX
configure.in:60: warning: AC_RUN_IFELSE was called before AC_AIX
configure.in:386: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
autoheader: `src/config.h.in' is unchanged
        sigc++
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:70: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
configure.in:641: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
autoheader: `sigc++config.h.in' is unchanged
done.
Building Makefile templates...
        .
src/Makefile.am:12: LIBS was set with `+=' and is now set with `='
src/frontends/Makefile.am:12: LIBS was set with `+=' and is now set with `='
        lib/reLyX
        sigc++
done.
Building configure...