Cheers. I believe Debian is a reasonably well used distribution, so I
contributed that comment more as a point of possible information for you,
than a suggestion you need to do anything about it. I'm not a programmer;
I know it's my problem, not yours.

Take it in the spirit perhaps of, "you may have alot of people whining
about this when 1.3.0 comes out".

For anyone else who may care, there is also a seperate automake1.5 package
in debian 3.0.

Rod

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, John Levon wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:27:16AM +0800, Rod Pinna wrote:
>
> > automake 1.4-p4, and autoconf
>
>            ^^^^^^
>
> that's your problem
>
> john
>
> --
> ""All the people we like are We, and everyone else is They."
>       - Kipling

rod   | "Beneath the waves, the waves / That's where I will be /