> Maybe it would help sell GNU/Linux in general to your workmates.

The problem in the engineering environment is that several software
packages that are used are available only on Windows... precisely the
reason why I still have a Windows partition on my computer..  things
have improved in the recent past - e.g. SAS, Matlab have Linux versions
now - but we're still not at the point where one can work solely on
Linux... hopefully this will change soon..

Thanks for the suggestion though... I'd read abt Knoppix before.. will
try it out sometime on my machine just to see how it works..

nirmal