On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, John Levon wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 11:39:49PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
>
> > | I intend to soon when I find a merging guide that works as advertised
> > | (neither of Lars' do)
> >
> > sure they do...
> > (what is not working?)
>
> Trying to merge up  trunk changes to the branch, it didn't work
> properly.
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lyx-devel&m=102748119425936&w=2
>
> Since this branch is likely to last for at least a month or two, I'm
> wary of making it ...

Then you should do as many other CVS-based projects do (gdb for
example) and start a new branch every so often and roll your
patch (branch to original trunk point) forward.

I've found that merging the trunk into the branch works fine once.
After that things get hairy and it's simpler to start another branch
and roll your changes forward into that.

Allan. (ARRae)