John> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 04:33:35PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
John> wrote:
>> I took a quick look at the code and at qnamespace.h and have an
>> obvious question: does anyone know why Qt does not return
>> Qt::Adiaresis in this case? If it exists one would think that it is
>> used somewhere, no?

John> Because Qt is broken.

I began to look at the code in qapplication_x11.cpp (at the end of
QApplication::x11ClientMessage), which generates the QKeyEvent, but
since I do not know the format of the XClientMessages that are sent
around (and do not even understand how they are generated), it is
difficult to understand what the code does. Actually, I fail to see a
valid reason why key() == 0 in this case...

>> Why? Don't you have a compose key? I do see the wrong behaviour on
>> my US keyboard.

John> Everything works great for me with Qt2. Here's my xev output for
John> 'Ä' :

I have the same. And it also works with lyx/qt? What is the -dbg key
output?