On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 07:51:12PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:

> > Is there some Qt user who could test this ? Is there somebody who would
> > be willing to test a QLyXKeySym that tries to iterate through all codecs
> > with canEncode() to find a codec that can convert to getISOEncoded ?
>
> What exactly do you expect us to do? I for one am interested.

On second thoughts, there's no way I can work out any of this stuff.
So there's not much point in me hacking around in the dark.

For starters, I have no idea why loading ru_splash into xforms and qt
differs. I don't expect it to work since  I have prefs set to is8859-1,
but I don't know why xforms just shows wrong fonts, and qt shows '?'
everywhere.

It's going to need some clever person who understands encodings,
unicode, etc. to do something.

regards
john

--
"Anyone who says you can have a lot of widely dispersed people hack away on
 a complicated piece of code and avoid total anarchy has never managed a