> <shrug> In the end, how fast a package is being developed or how close
> to the leading edge it insists on running may only really contribute
> to determining the number of users running out of /usr/local versus
> /usr.

Indeed,

As a debian users, I pretty much gave up on using the provided lyx in the
stable distribution. Given how straightforward it is to compile I've been
doing that.

It would probably be worthwhile to add the xform 1.0 deb (against the
current stable debian) as well as xform rpms. There was a pointer to an
apt getable version on the list awhile ago, which works well.

Rod

rod   | "Beneath the waves, the waves / That's where I will be /