On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 02:45:05PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Juergen> Mixing QString with string broke non-boost (gcc 2.95.3 here).
> Juergen> Please apply.
>
> Juergen> PS: the fix is fromqstr(qt_("LyX: ")) instead of _("LyX: ")
> Juergen> because gettext is no more included (OTOH: who translates
> Juergen> "LyX: "?).
>
> I get bitten by this too. However, it does not seem that
> fromqstr(qt_("LyX: ")), which translates char
> const*=>string=>qstring=>string, is a particularly good solution.
> John, what shall we do? Is it authorised to include gettext.h to have
> the good old _()?

Yes, it is.

The crucial thing in this is that text must be passed through toqstr
before being passed to a Qt widget. So here the fromqstr(qt_("LyX: "))
is strictly unnecessary.

qt_() is equivalent  to toqstr(_()). I have preferred to remove
gettext.h wherever possible to help people use the qt_() when necessary,
but there are indeed exceptions, of which this is one.

regards
john
--
"ALL television is children's television."
        - Richard Adler