On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 08:35:34AM +0100, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Dr. Richard E. Hawkins wrote:
> > I have companion documents, one of which needs to refer to appendices of
> > the other.

> You have to use the xr package (standard tools).

I've put

\usepackage{xr}

into each preamble, saved, and still no dice.  I seem to have xr where
it belongs:

slytherin ttyp2:y3>ls /usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/tools/xr.sty
/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/tools/xr.sty

I've also exported to latex and tried that way, but get

LaTeX Warning: Reference `sec:Sample-Trials' on page 3 undefined
on input line 226.

and so forth (but no warning about the package.)

thanks

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail