On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 01:56:55PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Here you could have a rule saying: if _all_ the elements of a toolbar
> are disabled, then I hide it. This means that you need _no_ special
> knowledge about the existence of a tabular toolbar. Then (like in
> klyx, I think) each toolbar could have status on/off/auto to say
> whether one wants it to disappear automatically.

Yes.

We  need to look at the UI for changing such a status. Are we OK for
just putting it into a config file for now ? The menus currently have no
room for a View->Toolbars sort of thing.

And we should give serious consideration as to what our default shipped
setting should be

regards
john
--
Khendon's Law: If the same point is made twice by the same person,
the thread is over.