Hi,

when I include a graphic in my LyX document I do not want to add the
exetension of the filename. This is, because I want to be able to export the
document to LaTeX and then be able to run either latex or pdflatex. For this
I have to versions of my graphcis in my folder one is myGraphic.eps (for use
with latex) and the other one is myGraphic.jpg or myGraphic.pdf (for use with
pdflatex). I know LyX does the transformation of graphic formats
automatically, but I'd enjoy if I could enter just the file name of the
graphic without extension and  then still be able to see the preview in LyX
which does not work in this case yet. The advantage is that I could sent my
document to somebody else using only latex not LyX (because he uses windows
and doesn't like cygwin) and the reciever can decide whether to use latex or
pdflatex.

Best regards,

  Christian
--