Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Helge> I tried chktex and got lots of: "Interword spacing (`\ ')
> Helge> should perhaps be used."
>
> Helge> Lyxx place the error boxes in the wrong locations, about a line
> Helge> after where they ought to be when comparing to chktex on the
> Helge> exported tex file.
>
> Can you send an example file where this happens?
>
> JMarc

Sure, here is a little two-paragraph one.  The boxes seems to go in the
wrong place if the paragraph with the error has more text after the
errors.
Shorten the paragraph and everything is fine.

Helge Hafting
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass scrbook
\options idxtotoc,liststotoc,cleardoubleempty,chapterprefix
\language norsk
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 1
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\paperwidth 17cm
\paperheight 24cm
\secnumdepth 2
\tocdepth 2
\paragraph_separation skip
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language french
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 2
\paperpagestyle fancy

\layout Standard

This is a file where chktex warnings are positioned incorrectly.
 I.e.
 below the correct location on the display.
 Punctuation errors: ..., use
\begin_inset Quotes fld
\end_inset

\SpecialChar \ldots{}

\begin_inset Quotes frd
\end_inset

 instead.
 More stuff more stuff more stuff more stuff more stuff
\layout Standard

Actually, the errors displays correctly if all the
\begin_inset Quotes fld
\end_inset

more stuff
\begin_inset Quotes frd
\end_inset

 is removed.
 The error boxes appear too low
\emph on
if
\emph default
 there is more text in the same paragraph as the error.
 The width of the lyx window don't seem to matter much.
\the_end