and you can see what a mess I've made here:

        http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~rae/www-user/

There is still a bit of cleaning up to do in the php code and in the
css but it should all look good in links, lynx, IE, Konq and Mozilla
(and its derivatives).  Don't tell me it's broken in Netscape 4
because I already know this.  It will remain broken (as far as 2 or 3
columns is concerned) and I'll just force one column for it but will
try to get the rendering (colour + spacing) working.

I'm not really ready for releasing this to you guys but with 1.3.0
around the corner (right next door?) and some of you already
overhauling the LGT I figured I'd better give you a heads up on what
I'm doing.

The h2 and h3 borders or solid backgrounds replace the hr's that used
to be used and are a result of some playing today.  If you have a few
minutes to spare you will find that the choice of one, two or three
columns should all work nicely.  Depite the fact that there are 6
colour scheme choices I only have the first three implemented at
present.  Don't worry, the traditional green graphic website will be
included although it won't be the default -- I'd rather one of the
simple colour-schemes be the default so initial contact with the site
gets a mimimum payload and fast rendering.

Anyway, there are a few other things I'd like to try but my main aims
have been to maximise the amount of a page that is static so I can
later just write the header and which css files to use and append a
static copy of the generated page -- ie. do a simple caching scheme to
speedup the website.  I also wanted to try to avoid the cookie/cache
conflicts certain browsers have with our current customization scheme
-- hence the separate page with a form.

Allan. (ARRae)