>> What if I have \usepackage{amsmath, natbib}? My reading of the
>> regexp suggests that it will not work. To be fair, it seems that
>> all the preamble reading code has this flaw, isn't it?

Angus> Yes it has. I simply copied existing code. I also do not
Angus> propose to fix that as my aim is to improve the LyX->LaTeX->LyX
Angus> round trip, not to be able to import arbitrary TeX. If you want
Angus> that, talk to André about tex2lyx.

OK, that's fair again.

>> Finally, the files produced by reLyX start with #LyX 1.2 created
>> this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
>>
>> That's a bit strange, don't you think so?

Angus> Maybe. Shall I change it to # The reLyX bundled with LyX 1.3
Angus> created this file. # For more info see http://www.lyx.org/ # It
Angus> produces a bastardised mess of various LyX versions, but # we
Angus> specify the earliest to ensure that the upgrading script #
Angus> lyx2lyx can handle it.

Yes, whatever. Who reads these files, anyway? I just wonder if some
people rely on the first few chars on the files as a /etc/magic
string.