On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:11:06 +0000
Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Karsten Heymann wrote:

Hi Angus,

> > 1. are there plans to support changing chapter<->section when
> > changing the documentclass from article to report/book or back? It's
> > a bit annoying to change all sections&co when changing from article
> > to report. Wouldn't that be nice?
>
> I think it is non-trivial. How do you decide in a general way what to
> map the different environments to?

You're right. In this case it would be nescesary for lyx to know what the
top-level-headings would be and so on. Well -- as longer as I think about it the more
complicated it becomes. Maybe it would be better to improve the simple drop-down list
and the button bar a bit. But I won't do that.

> In your particular case, it would be easier to run the LyX file
> through a sed script to do the conversion.

I know how to do that for myself (but thanks for the script nevertheless). I was
thinking about my mom/my girlfriend (who both use lyx happily). But it's probably not
important enough.

yours,

Karsten