On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 04:08:26PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't see this one. I saw only
>
> | The problem with this is that the BufferView is sometimes redone
> | and you point to a non valid pointer (the problems we had
> | especially in the beginning with InsetText after cleaning it up
> | a bit, but IMO we still can have this problem!).

The choice is probably: Make a safe cache  or  pass a BufferView around.

As I don't have problems with math, I'd guess a safe cache is possible,
but we've never had more than one BufferView, so I don't know for sure.

The first option gives clean interfaces and a potential mess,
the second a messy interface but less chance of a mess.

I'd probably go for the first one, but I wanted to make sure we are aware
of the consequences.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)