Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(B
(B> Ok, CG. I tried it. xfs uses all my cpu. This is very wrong :-( Can you try
(B> things out with LANG=C or something 'normal'. This thing has to work for
(B> the rest of the world too, doesn't it?
(B
(BI guess you are trying to scale a bitmap font.  On my machine with
(BPentium 75MHz
(Band 80MB RAM, it can take several minutes just to load a single Japanese
(Bfont
(Bif it is a BDF and the requested size differ from the original one.
(BScaling a
(BTrueType font is much faster (a few seconds).
(BAlso check if your font server supports deferglyphs option or something
(Bsimilar.
(BWith deferglyphs option turned on, a CJK font is internally divided into
(Bdozens
(Bof chunks each contains 256 or so glyphs and only the required pieces
(Bare loaded,
(Bwhile without this option all glyphs in the font are loaded once when
(Bthe font
(Bis opened.
(B
(BRegards,