Call me dumn, but I can't see why we need to create another FuncRequest
here. Why not just pass the existing FuncRequest?

        case LFUN_MATH_MACRO:
        case LFUN_MATH_DELIM:
        case LFUN_INSERT_MATRIX:
        case LFUN_INSERT_MATH:
        case LFUN_MATH_IMPORT_SELECTION: // Imports LaTeX from the X selection
        case LFUN_MATH_DISPLAY:          // Open or create a displayed math inset
        case LFUN_MATH_MODE:             // Open or create an inlined math inset
        case LFUN_GREEK:                 // Insert a single greek letter
-               mathDispatch(FuncRequest(bv_, ev.action, ev.argument));
+               mathDispatch(ev);
                break;

--
Angus