Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:17:25AM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
| > We used to have things like handling `explicit' keyword for older c++
| > compilers (by #define'ing explicit to empty string). This does not
| > apply to recent lyx, but if we want to reintroduce something like that
| > later I'd rather not have to look at each of your files to see whether
| > everything is alright. config.h is really lightweight, and it is nice
| > to have it as a general-purpose hook. And I am sure you trust me to
| > avoid abusing it...
|
| I take this as a guarantee that there never ever will be an
|
|  "#include <string>"
|  "#include "Lstring.h"
|  "#include <boost/whatever>"
|
| or similar show up in config.h?

In 99% of all cases yes.

But if such things are needed to work around compiler deficiencies
etc, then stuff like that might be added. But then the options is
working/non-working.

But in general config.h only tells about what we discovered during
configure.

A script to check C files for missing config.h would be welcome.
(we should perhaps even make that part of the build process, and least
for dev builds.)

--
        Lgb