Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 01:27:27PM +0100, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
| > > One more lost soul...
| >
| > Why, do I have the choice? (And no, this question is not rethoric)
|
| There is always a choice.
|
| My approach to boost is something like
|
|    if ((I can implement it in 20 lines myself) &&
|        (it is portable) &&
|        (it is needed only once or twice))
|      do_it_myself
|    else
|      use_boost

As you would suspect I do not agree on that approach...
This must really be decided case by case  ...

f.ex. the boost noncopyalbe is very simple, but why would you want to
implement it for yourself?
(same with boost::next and boost::prior)

This always depend on what you are going to do, and if there is a
suitable boost::lib or if that lib in question is overkill, not the
right thing, or just fits perfectly.

--
        Lgb