On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Dekel Tsur wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:51:55PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> > Christian> Is lyx supposed to automatically add this directory to
> > Christian> latex's search path? That doesn't happen for me anyway...
> > Christian> so I have to do: setenv TEXINPUTS
> > Christian> ${TEXINPUTS}:/usr/local/share/lyx/tex// to use them. Is
> > Christian> this documented, or should it be added to the FAQ?
> >
> > Adding the path to TEXINPUTS automatically might not work always, and
> > it will not work if one exports latex anyway. The rpms we distribute
> > put the files at the right place, I think.
>
> LyX should install these files into the TEXMF tree.
> For most users, it is reasonable to install them in
>    `kpsexpand '$TEXMFLOCAL'`/tex/latex/lyx/

Hmm... then either the LyX rpm doesn't work, or the standard teTeX
installation in RH 7.1 isn't working somehow.

I don't need any of these classes so it's not a problem for me.
But, from an installation point of view, it would be good if someone who
has installed from rpm with a later RedHat could check if lyx finds
these classes properly?

In my case, LyX _have_ installed hollywood.cls in:

        /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/lyx/hollywood.cls

but latex does not find hollywood.cls. Here's my TEXINPUTS:
        /afs/md.kth.se/md/misc/hacks/grp/util/tex//:

Even when removing TEXINPUTS completetly, latex still doesn't find it.

And this command doesn't work either (bad teTeX installation?)
        echo `kpsexpand '$TEXMFLOCAL'`/tex/latex/lyx/

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr