Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> All this "not beeing able to have two spaces in a row" was deemed a
> problem with how the DEPM worked earlier. That got fixed, not it seems
> that you want to introduce the problem again to get rid of DEPM.

Only one of my proposals arguably suffered this. Have you read them?

I don't particularly agree with john's one (in fact my post was a
criticism). Anyway, I don't want to do anything in particular. I've started
a thread to discuss why I think that DEPM is bad, and possible solutions to
it (it may perfectly be that none are acceptable) and you didn't comment on
them.

Actually I've obtained only two comments (only one from a core developer) on
that particular subject. I even did some coding to support one of the
options. I'm pretty sure that all my solutions can only simplify code (at
expenses of bad behaviour maybe).

If you consider it's a waste of time or that it's plain stupid and you wont
accept changes to that code just say so, with optional explanation on why
welcomed.

Alfredo