On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:58:12AM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Why has the stronger assert been removed?

Because I was/we were hunting a bug (completely broken Collapsable inset
drawings) which I considered more grave than the off-by-one we have been
living with for ages. If LyX crashes on almost every interaction debugging
is strictly no fun.

I am all in favour for asserts, but they should leave LyX in a usable state
for those people looking at other issues. If you know there are lots of
problems with pos() == size() and you want to debug these, you could have
this particular assert in your local tree.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)