Hi,

I've been off this list for a couple of years, so I'm not sure if this
should have gone to bugzilla. In any case, I must be missing something
obvious trying to recompile current CVS (freshly downloaded lyx-devel). It
seems the most recent change to Makefile.am and config/common.am breaks
things for me.

Current CVS uses a Makefile conditional of the form: (example from main
Makefile)

-- snip --
@[EMAIL PROTECTED] = @[EMAIL PROTECTED] \
development intl po boost src sourcedoc lib
@[EMAIL PROTECTED] = @[EMAIL PROTECTED] \
development intl po src sourcedoc lib
-- snip --

My make (GNU 3.79.1) doesn't seem to support this syntax, which results in
such lines being taken literally (no conditional), as opposed to the
intended effect:

SUBDIRS = config development intl po boost src sourcedoc lib

Since this SUBDIRS variable (which controls the main recursion) is not
set, running make accomplishes nothing.

The same problem occurs with the BOOST_INCLUDES variable (see
config/common.am), and breaks compilation since the compiler can't find
the boost include files.

Reverting both Makefile.am and config/common.am to their next-to-last
versions solves the problem.

Do I need to replace my make utility?

Thanks,
Lior