Dekel Tsur wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 12:11:49AM +0100, John Levon wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 07:57:43AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > By the way, if you would consider the carrying over of a language specification
> > > in a cut/paste operation to be in any manner a bug, let me know and I'll file a
> > > report.
> >
> > It's fully intentional exactly to help avoid color vs. colour problems
>
> Actually, single-language documents are more common than multiple-language
> documents.
> Thus, when someone copy text from, e.g., British document to an American
> document, it is desired that LyX should automatically change the language of
> the copied text to American, and then the user should fix the spelling.
The problem is that you need to see some indication of which parts of
the text have changed so you know what to spellcheck. It would be nice
if the spellchecker could check just marked text. Also, if I am
inserting a British quote, I usually keep the British spelling even if
it is an American document. The "best" solution is not obvious to me.

Garst