On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:38:54AM +0200, Braunstein Alfredo wrote:
> Andre Poenitz wrote:
>
> > The attached patch collapses 'REFRESH_AREA' and 'REFRESH_ROW' handling.
> > Goal is still simple two-phase drawing with 'redraw everything'.
> >
> > I don't see any noticable sluggishness when jumping around in the
> > UserGuide (was to be expected I think)
> >
> > Incidentally, this fixes the redraw bug when clicking to the right of a
> > displayed formula and typing there.
> >
> > Ok?
>
> I don't like it at all: it doesn't make lyx slower, and doesn't break
> anything? (damn, it even fixes a bug!).

Yeah... I promise to do better next time...

> (Seriously: if there is need for testing, I can do some this evening)

No, should be safe.

[The only problem that might have cropped up would be speed but I simply
don't see it. So this is either premature optimization or some
optimization that's no more relevant on a PIII/667]

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)