On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:21:17PM -0300, Garst R. Reese wrote:
> My files now do eventually load, but the UG takes about an hour to load.

That won't change for a few weeks.

Instead of re-inserting clever speed hacks I'd like to clean up the core
first. Speeding it up afterwards should be fairly straight-forward.

> My large problem doc now loads, but lyx is too slow to be useable.
> My pre-Chemnitz version is working. This is a pretty ancient box, 233Mz,
> 96Mb.

I promise you this will be sufficient to load the UserGuide again
at 1.4.0 release time.

> So it looks like the problem is not yours, but I'm puzzled as to why
> I'm the only one complaining.

Probably not too many people use current CVS for serious work
(guess why ;-})

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)