On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:21:24AM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> > This is clearly labelling a massive problem with the current cursor
> > code:  that is, you cannot just set the cursor at abritrary x,y and
> > expect the inset locking to place the cursor there.
>
> There is no such problem in math, so this can't be a generic technical
> problem.

I never said it was "generic". However, it is there in the code, and a
fix isn't entirely trivial.

> > This is why page down, etc. work so badly with long tables.
>
> I don't think inset locking is the cause for bad table behaviour.

No, but the above is. The page down tries to place the cursor in the
middle of a long table, but it's not able to open the table, so it ends
up at the top or the bottom of the table, outside.

regards
john

--
Khendon's Law:
If the same point is made twice by the same person, the thread is over.