On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 01:19:52PM +0200, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Andre Poenitz wrote:
> > > it toggles the selection ;-)
> >
> > Under what circumstances would I notice it?
>
> I have noticed it when playing with text3.C before replaceSelection()
> has been introduced. Imagine the old do-not-replace-selection policy
> (which is still in 1.3.x). When you have selected a few words and have
> pressed return there, a line break has been added *after* the
> selection (which has not been deleted). If you'd remove
> toggleSelection there from break-paragraph, the same happened, except
> that the selection would be still selected after break-paragraph has
> been executed (and you have a selection in line 1 and the cursor in
> line 2).

I just palyed around with such things and it simply works.
(As expected actually, we do full redraws now and there is not much
place for artefacts...)

> > Would you mind quickly testing the attached patch?
>
> Sorry, I do not know those kind of things (findReplace etc.) very
> well. Apart from that, I do not even get to cvs up ATM.

Never mind.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)