On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 02:00:18PM +0100, John Levon wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 12:56:33PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
>
> > I'd like to apply this.
>
> Ooff, are you kidding ?  I suspect this will make the whole screen
> flicker in Qt constantly. (It would be nice if you checked out the qt
> frontend from time to time ...)
>
> I dread to think of the X traffic this patch sends out.

Ouch.  I currently run lyx 1.3 over a 2Mbps adsl link, doing
office work from home.  This worked fine when I had a 768Mbps
link too, although srollbar use tended to lag a little.  There
are other ways of moving around in a document though.
Now, using a little extra cpu might be fine - but extra
X traffic is a killer.   I hope lyx will be among the remote-friendly
apps in the future too - it is certainly the one I use the most.

Helge Hafting