Thanks, Martin. The patch works.

I'm liking the "branches" idea. With lyx-xforms:

1) There should be more visual feedback. Right now a branch shows up with
   a generic "Label" inside a gray box. It should probably show something
   like "Branch: YourBranchName" instead.

2) The branch background color does not seem to work. I go into the
   Document->Settings, Branches tab, then I modify the background color
   and Apply, and nothing changes.

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)