On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 10:51:24AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Andre> I think LFUN_INSET_TOGGLE toggles the inset to the right if
> Andre> there is one or the inset containing the current cursor if
> Andre> there is no inset to the right.
>
> Andre> Which, of course, are two different things and probablyu should
> Andre> be split up into two LFUNs.
>
> Why? This seems like an useful thing to do as a key binding (why have
> to memorize two bindings to do two very related things?)

Think of 'scripting' using the lyx server. The result of
LFUN_INSET_TOGGLE is unpredictable right know unless you have a very
precise knowledge of what is in your document.

Note that I don't have a problem with 'high level' lfuns along the
lines of

  LFUN_NEXT_INSET_TOGGLE
  LFUN_PARENT_INSET_TOGGLE
  LFUN_NEXT_OR_PARENT_INSET_TOGGLE

and binding C-I to the latter.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)