Mate,

The gmane news server should monitor all messages delivered to the lyx list.

The following appears to be a small, but annoying bug in the communication
between gmane news server and lyx lists (well, I only verified it with the
lyx-devel list):

As a non-member of the list, the very first email needs to be verified and confirmed.
But after reconfimation, the email will not be forwarded to the gname news server.
However, after this action has put me on a whitelist, all consecutive messages from me
to the list, will appear on the gname news server.

So, it's only the very first one that won't be on gmane.
I suppose the reconfirmation exchange to have me on the whitelist, "forgets"
the "on-hold" email to also forward to gmane, or something like that.

This is really a problem for peole (like me), who do a single test email first,
realize it is not working (the test email doesn't appear on gmane) and then
give up on it. Not realizing a next email actually would work as expected!

Is this easy to fix?

Regards,
Rob.