Andre Poenitz wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 05:29:13PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
>> This got rid of fullRow but also got rid of the logic controlling
>> display(). Looks like it was a little over-eager.
>
> I can't see anything wrong with reporting inset width = text width
> if you want the thing 'displayed' and the line breaking code is
> happy with that.

Because the line above is stretched to the full width of the paragraph
you noodle doodle. See the original screenshots I sent in
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel/28950

> The whole managing code was a mess, and if your only problem is
> previewed for displayed math this should be handled by math or
> previeww, but not in the core.

Maybe. I have no religious feelings about _how_ it is done, but
currently it is broken and it used not to be.

It seems to me that display mode is not local to a single inset but
affects the rows above and below. In other words it _is_ the core
that should handle this.

I can see that the 'proper', local-to-the-inset solution is Asger's
an-inset-is-three-blocks, but that is for the future. Let's not break
things for the sake of a political agenda.

--
Angus