Andre Poenitz wrote:

>> Andre> So 'lyx::support::ReplaceEnvironmentPath' curently wastes
>> about Andre> 20% of the time used by lyx startup + UserGuide
>>
>> Andre> This does not seem right.
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
>> Andre> Does anybody feel a bit guilty?
>>
>> Could you show us the corresponding calling tree (later in the
>> gprof report)?
>
> I better show you the fix.
> Setting up the patterns just one cuts this from 20% down to 2.1%.

Glad to see you have found an instant patch.

The regular expressions are excessively greedy too. I had to add
'.*' to the end of each one to get regex_match to work.
Fortunately, John Maddock (the regex library author) has put me
straight. I should be using regex_search if I want only a partial
match.

Regards,
Angus