On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 07:17:22PM +0200, Andre Poenitz spake thusly:

> -                     if (point == last || chunkwidth >= width - left)
> -                             point = (pos < i) ? i - 1 : i;
> -                     break;
> +                     if (point == last || chunkwidth >= width - left) {
> +                             if (pos < i) {
> +                                     point = i - 1;
> +                                     break;
> +                             }
> +                     }
>
> No good.
>
> Andre'

Grmpf indeed.

Your patch is close but I think you need the following:

                if (point == last || chunkwidth >= width - left) {
                        if (pos < i) {
                                point = i - 1;
-                               break;      <-- *don't* delete this
                        }
                }
+               if (i + 1 < last)   <-- needed to prevent trailing empty row
                                        creation after wide inset
+                       break;          <-- OK.

This works perfectly on the file José sent me.

- Martin