Martin Vermeer wrote:
>> > +        bool display() const { return false; }

>> Why do you need these? The function defaults to false (inset.h).

> ... but these inherit from InsetCommand, which sets it to true
> (correctly for most of its heirs).

I'm pretty sure that this is bad practice. What I can say for certain
is that you'll definitely end up confusing me if you keep changing
the default value of the return of a virtual method as you go down
the inheritence tree.

I'd much prefer
        virtual bool InsetOld::display() const { return false; }
and then
        virtual bool InsetXYZ::display() const { return true; }
only for those insets that do actually want it.

> (Trust me, I wouldn't do this if I hadn't noticed in practice
> it was necessary :-)

Trust me. It's confusing ;-)

--
Angus