Georg> The roundtrip works quite well. The main problems are:
Georg> - Each loop adds stuff to the preamble

Yes, the preamble handling is still not very good. One thing that
should be efficient and easy to implement is to do as reLyX does: the
preamble generated by LyX is split in three parts (at least),
separated by:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% LyX specific LaTeX commands.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Textclass specific LaTeX commands.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% User specified LaTeX commands.

The two first sections are generated by LyX, and tex2lyx can safely
skip them. Only the last part should go in the preamble.

Georg> - Something is wrong with nesting lists, see
Georg> \subsubsection{Example \#1: The Six-fold Way and Mixed
Georg> Nesting}. I don't understand how the nesting stuff should work,
Georg> and I have only simple nested lists in my document, so I won't
Georg> do anything on that.

Arghh... I thought I finally got this nesting thin right. It is really
a bitch to implement. I'll try to take a look. Could you file a bug on
bugzilla?

Georg> I have more trouble with non lyx-generated documents. The main
Georg> problem is the fact that Parser::tokenize() unconditionally
Georg> removes all whitespace after a command. parse_text() then adds
Georg> unconditionally whitespace at some places.

Another related problem is the fact that newlines are turned
unconditionally into spaces. This causes addition of spaces at the
end of some paragraphs at each round-trip.