Angus> Jean-Marc, wouldn't this: stamp-forms: lyx_forms.h-tmp if cmp
Angus> -s $< lyx_forms.h ; then \ : ;\ else \ rm -f lyx_forms.h ;\ cp
Angus> $< lyx_forms.h ;\ fi echo timestamp > $@

Angus> be better as this: stamp-forms: lyx_forms.h-tmp cmp -s $<
Angus> lyx_forms.h || { \ rm -f lyx_forms.h ;\ cp $< lyx_forms.h ;\
Angus>         }
Angus>         echo timestamp > $@

I am not really used to this {} syntax (I did not know it existed,
actually).

But the right thing to do in this particular case is to get rid of
these include files and go back to the good old
#include FORMS_H_LOCATION
we used to have. The reason why Lars introduced that (that
rerunning configure with a different frontend forces a full rebuild)
does not hold anymore now that we have multiple frontends support.