Markus B. wrote:

> Dear John, dear Andre,
>
> I'm writing my PhD Thesis using Lyx. Sometimes I would like to read
> quickly throung the last paragraphs. On the other hand I have to fill in
> footnotes all the time. So closing all the footnotes manually just to get
> a better view of the text is a bit complicated.
>
> I believe that the result of your discussion - a view of all the footnotes
> open - would be an ideal solution for my problem.

I can add the opinion of me and one of my colleagues. We both write our PHDs
in lyx and we both miss the open/close all functionality regarding
footnotes.

I don't understand at all, why the state of viewing footnotes has to be
persistent. Either you want to see all of them or none, normally.

BTW, what has happened to the footnote numbering patch? Is the latex counter
implementation up to the task now?

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann [EMAIL PROTECTED] wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB
        La loi, dans un grand souci d'égalité, interdit aux riches comme aux