On Wednesday 07 January 2004 11:13 am, Henrik Edlund wrote:
> I was just looking at http://www.devel.lyx.org/guii.php3 and it seems
> there that the xforms interface is more complete. I am pondering whether I
> should move from xforms to QT or not. I like xforms better, but if QT is
> getting more settings/options/etc then I should probably move to it.

No, the plan is that both support the same feature set. Of those dialogs in
the xforms frontend that aren't listed in the Qt frontend, only the 'Forks'
dialog will not be implemented (a task manager of processes forked by lyx).
It was implemented in the xforms frontend 'for fun'. I'm not sure whether I
agree with John Levon when he says that 'such things should be controlled
from the console' (paraphrased!), but it's of pretty minor importance.

Indeed, looking at the list, I believe that all dialogs are now implemented in
the Qt frontend. The web site is lagging behind a little.

Conclusion: if you like xforms better, then stick with it.

Angus