Andre> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 04:45:20PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
Andre> wrote:
> [...]
Andre> Uh... I did a line count on 'cvs blame' yesterday or the day
Andre> before directly on the server, but I thought I logged off
Andre> properly...
>>  I found in the server a file belonging to you in lyx-devel, with a
>> strange name begining with #. I just deleted it, and my problems
>> are gone.

Andre> Can't remember commiting such a thing, but my tree is usually
Andre> full of this stuff. I suspect its some cvs mechanism that does
Andre> not clean up properly...

Probably cvs uses such files as locks while it is updating a directory.
And for some reason it died before releasing the lock.