>> I doubt that underscrores are a problem, but babel/frenchb
>> definitely makes ":" active. I am surprised that this has not be
>> fixed in some way.

Guillaume> Actually, when

When what?

Guillaume> Well, enclosing all filenames in \string{...} would not be
Guillaume> much annoying, I guess. And thus french & windows users
Guillaume> would become enthusiastic fans of LyX :o).

No, one has to add \string before _all_ problematic characters. And it
will not work for space, which is one of the most annoying for windows
users.

Guillaume> Anyway, I may be wrong about the difficulty of doing so,
Guillaume> and it is your job. If the source code of Ruurd's port were
Guillaume> available, I would try to do it myself to check the amount
Guillaume> of work.

Ruurd makes diffs available, although I am not sure that he updated
them to 1.3.3.

>> It would be better if babel and graphicx could be friendly to each
>> other.

Guillaume> Definitely. But I don't use to rely on such wishes :o)

Well, finding a proper solution is always better that adding random
hacks to work around bugs that may or may not be there.