On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 12:02:22PM +0100, Georg Baum wrote:
> Just to clarify:
> The problem is not tex2lyx, since it spits out latex in math mode 1:1 (modulo
> some space changes IIRC).

Given that the tex2lyx and the mathed parser are pretty much the same
code (at least historically) we are talking about the same thing.

> The problem is that the mathed parser does not understand something like
>
> $a \displaystyle b$

Well, it does (type it, mark it, press C-m).

It does not understand  $\begin{array}{cc}\isplaystyle a&b\end{array}$,
though. The problem is that the & is not recognized as end-of-scope for
\displaystyle.

Andre'