On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:41:03AM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | This removes the math cursor and makes the undo interface less dependend
> | on the LyXText. Use LCursor instead, as this can be used from both
> | mathed and texted.
> >
> | I have disabled undo in math until we made out mind up how to store
> | mathed undo chunks. I see basically two options
> >
> |   1. an additional std::string field in class Undo plus a math/non-math
> |      flag telling us whether the ParagraphList (for texted) or the
> |      string (LaTeX'd math) is valid, or
> |
> |   2. stuff the math data in a paragraph and put that into the paragraph
> |      list.
> >
> | I don't have strong feelings here...
>
> I'd go for the solution where math-undo were as like to text-undo as
> possible.

That's the goal (and that's why I want to drop that current 'math undo
works only on the containing text paragraph and makes the cursor always
leave the inset - which is a pain to use).

The question posed is merely an implementation detail. I'd guess 2.
would feel more like a kludge but has less differing code initially,
and 1. has at least initally more 'special' code which might or might
not vanish once we have 'uniform' document iterators.

When I think about it, I think, I lean towards 1 now.

Andre'