Juergen> OK, I have added a debug message to xforms_helpers which
Juergen> outputs the current LC_NUMERIC setting (setlocale
Juergen> (LC_NUMERIC,NULL)) while running LyX. This is indeeed
Juergen> [EMAIL PROTECTED], so the setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C") call in
Juergen> gettext.C seems to have no effect (or seems to be overridden
Juergen> by xforms).

That's very strange... Using your patch, I get a german interface with
the following command and correct debug output:

schuss: LC_ALL=de_DE LC_NUMERIC=de_DE src/lyx
locale (Numeric): C
locale (Numeric): C
locale (Numeric): C
locale (Numeric): C
locale (Numeric): C
locale (Numeric): C
locale (Numeric): C
locale (Numeric): C
locale (Numeric): C

How come setlocale does not behave in the same way on your box? Do you
have the latest glibc updates?