>> Take the tarball, put it into /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES put the spec
>> file in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and add latex-xft-fonts
Nirmal> as a

Nirmal> Where is this lyx.spec file? Can't find it in the source and I
Nirmal> don't seem to have an earlier version either.. is this part of
Nirmal> cvs? If yes, can I download it from somewhere w/o getting all
Nirmal> of cvs?

There is a file lyx.spec in development/, which is generated from
lyx.spec.in. Please do not use the lyx.spec which is in the
distribution, but rather run configure to have a proper one.